Thursday, January 14, 2010

Old things

There have been many attempts at writing some posts here. But each one, scribbled in haste or at times when my mind was not completely at peace stay in my make-do dog eared journal that used to be one of malli’s maths books with his scrawny hand writing on the front stating his name and the grade he was studying in. I kept it for its sentimental value. Yes, I like keeping old things. Everything from letters, gift cards, books, notes and emails that other people had sent me over the years. Till now, I have this gold coloured pen (with dried out ink) that my best friend at the time gave me as a parting gift in 1998. I happen to carry it around in my pencil case. I have no idea why. I just do. One of these days, I’m going to run out of space to keep things. But I don’t know how you can completely get rid of all your memories and the people that had been in your life. Detachment is something I should be working on this year. But every time I try I wonder whether I’m trying to be someone I’m not. But then again, life is an evolutionary process. I have a lot of evolving to be done.

2 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sweet of you. ^__^ Your pal would be delighted to hear that I'm sure.

    As for me.. I'm the total opposite.. hehe.. can't even keep my own old stuff with me. I'm really good at giving things away, or perhaps losing stuff due to being careless or absent minded! lol

    Anyway if ever you feel like you're running out of space, how about opening up a small museum full of memorabilia. =D Nah seriously, I told the same to my unc too, who's also very good at collecting stuff, especially curios. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe..Thanks Harumi. Yeah I know I should stop collecting stuff. Aww..you sound so generous! keep it up. Your life must be free from clutter. Btw, have you deleted your blog??

    ReplyDelete