Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Anticlimax
It is the end of a milestone at work. Sadly it is a bit of an anticlimax with the return of the ‘project manager’ who drove me over the edge to blow up and speak up. Anyway it was over and I survived without embarrassingly shedding any tears which usually happens when I am overcome with frustration and anger. Anyhow, thanks to this particular person, the satisfaction I had with work, the rare focus I amazingly mustered, the drive and motivation soon disappeared. It is a bit of a sad situation because I have mentally given up when I know I shouldn’t have especially when there is so much more other work to be done. But it is just one of those days that I want to blend into the background noise of life and forget myself without focusing my entire energy on something only to find it not worth the effort. Maybe tomorrow I will pick up the pieces and move on....tomorrow will be a better day because I would have had a yoga session tonight to drive away all meaningless frustrations out of my mind. Yes, it will be good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gosh.. that's terrible. Experiences like these are the stuff I hate the most. Hope you'd get over it soon Spring. It's hard for sure but I know you can do it. ^__^
ReplyDeleteAnd I hope that guy learns to empathize with others in future. Or he'd make everyone his enemy. =D Stress is what drives people mad, but they should also understand that everyone else is under same pressure and tension.
Especially your line of work is the toughest. Someone oughtta give him that Dale Carnegie's book so he'd learn how to talk from scratch. =D
PS: good to hear you're doing yoga regularly. It's a great way to rid of stress and worries. ^__^
Thank you so much Harumi! glad to hear that I'm not the only one who gets upset over these things..he is not a bad person actually, just don't know how to get the best from people in a nice way...yes I am more or less over it now. Just need to think of strategies to avoid this happening in the future, because this is not the first occurrence. Yeah you are right! Dale Carnegie would do him some good. Yeah sis. I'm loving the Yoga classes I recently started...it makes me happy and keep my spirits up..:) I'm guessing you've had some good yoga experience also..? :)
ReplyDeleteIt's been ages since I last dropped by here. Sowwie sis.. I had bunch of stuff to settle, so it took me a while to get back. -__-
ReplyDeleteReally? Ya, most bosses are like that.. lacking in people skills. What to do ne. =D
That's good. I'm sure you'd be fine. Every experience can be turned into a lesson, if you want. ^__^
hehe.. for sure. Really? That's so nice. Yep, I did learn a wee bit of yoga a long time ago. But never had the chance to continue. Now of course it's out of question for me.. hehe.. but I'd love to learn Tai chi if it's available here. ^__^